Thursday, December 11, 2014

Getting Ready!

Hello Friends, near and far,

I thought last year would be my last Commission on the Status of Women, CSW, (I've gone to 10!), and my last Blog (I've done 5!), but I guess it's in my blood. The National Council of Women of Canada has asked to do do a Blog for this year, and just maybe I might be in New York, at least for a few days - that is still to be determined.

But, this is going to be a huge year for the CSW - 20 years since Beijing and the 4th World Conference on Women - so much to talk about, and to evaluate, and to push for more to be done. 

So this will be Blog about what is happening in many parts of the world, what women are saying, and doing, what plans are being made, and most important, what the messages should be when we come together in New York. 

The Blog will consist of what is happening leading up to the meetings of the CSW (March 9th to the 20th), what people are saying and doing. References and links to resources - even a resources section. 

You will be able to leave your email so you can receive notices when there are updates so you don't have to come back and check.

There will be a comments section, moderated, but if it is legitimate, I promise to get back to you!

So let's take this journey together, and this Blog can be a productive tool in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment